Wednesday, October 7, 2009

AT ALL

This is me-
Thinking my solitary thoughts,
Dreaming my solitary dreams,
Singing my solitary songs
This is me-
And you don't know me,
You don't know me at all,
At all...

You think, "yes, I know you,
You are..."
And you fill in the blank
I laugh quietly to myself
No, you don't know me at all,
At all...

What you think you know,
Is only what I let you know,
Want you to know,
Expect you to know
But you don't know me at all,
At all...

I am the quiet rain
That falls on a lonely forest
I am the single snowflake
That falls in the deepest hour of midnight
I am the sighing wind
That dances through the prairie grass
I am the elements of Nature-
I walk a solitary road

What do you see
When you look my way-
Maiden, Mother, Crone?
Would I seem the same
With flowers in my hair
sack-cloth and ashes
stars in my eyes?

No, you don't know me at all,
At all
Your perception
Just scratches the surface...

No comments:

Post a Comment